Have Shovel, Will Travel

Friday, May 26, 2006

This weekend, Michael and I have our first gig as garden consultants. OK, well... not exactly. But sort of.

We were invited by a friend to go to Atlanta and help fix up a garden for said friend's girlfriend. The existing garden is suffering from drainage problems, and friend claims to have a Steel Thumb.


Apparently we've got some serious Georgia clay to contend with. So our plan is to build raised beds and lay down some soil amendments. I imagine there will be lots of digging, followed by soreness and back pain, but it will all be fun and well worth it. I love that we have the chance to help someone get off to a great start with their garden. Plus, we'll have this opportunity to visit with family members in the area too.


Time with family and friends, and a gardening gig to boot. What a great way to spend the long weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stunned Donor said...

You do know it's going to bein the middle 80's this weekend in ATL doncha? Have fun!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Stunned Donor said...

I thought of you yesterday while I was gardening in very humid upper 70's weather and my friend Michele called me from Atlanta and said "It feels like it's 100 here today and the kids and I haven't gotten out of the pool all day.". I just hope you had plenty of iced tea!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Have Shovel, Will Travel" would look great on a t-shirt. You should get some printed for your next garden consulting job.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

Good idea, Anthony. If I ever take up garden consulting for real, maybe I'll use that as my slogan.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home