Eating From the Garden: Dill and Parsley

Sunday, May 21, 2006
Dill is one of my favorite herbs and we are growing a lot of it this year. Today I used three heaping tablespoons of dill, along with an equal amount of fresh parsley, to make Orzo and Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese. The recipe is by Sabrina Harris on I used Kalamata olives instead of green, and I added a whole chopped cucumber.

The recipe is so easy and it's suitable for lots of improvisation. I can't wait until we have our own tomatoes and cucumbers to put in. That will make it even better.


Anonymous Genie said...


This looks delicious -- thanks for supplying the recipe link! I'll definitely give it a whirl.

The Inadvertent Gardener

11:24 PM  
Blogger steven said...

Good call on the kalamata and cucumber!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Rahma said...

This recipe looks great! Has all ingredients I love and I'm growing two dills plants as we 'speak'.

Visit me at:

11:33 AM  
Anonymous cokie mei coppola said...

I have parsly,and i'll ask my mom if we gan grow dill too,so we might be able to make this.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]