Zinnia Bouquet

Monday, July 10, 2006

I always like to include a few zinnias in my garden. They're a great attraction for the butterflies and they hold up well in a bouquet. Right now, I have a lot of pink ones blooming.

The Black-Eyed Susans are starting to open now, too. I did not plant these myself; they were a welcome leftover from the person who had the plot prior to me. They were one of the "surprise" perennials I discovered in my first year at the garden.

The blue sage plant has been providing a steady profusion of blooms since May. I always have plenty for cutting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stunned Donor said...

The colors go very well with the Fiestaware pitcher and you're right about the blue sage, it blooms forever.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

There is a gas station in Salt Lake that plants their whole parking strip in Zinnias every summer. They look wonderful.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christa,

I love the blue sage -- I don't know that I've ever seen that before (newbieness...newbieness...). That's a gorgeous bouquet!

Genie
The Inadvertent Gardener

9:28 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

Thanks. Genie, when I was a newbie, I did not realize the blue sage was a perennial. After it bloomed the first year, I ripped it all out! Then I saw someone else had it coming back as a perennial and, with a heavy heart, I realized my unfortunate mistake. Oh, well. We all have to get past our newbieness, I guess!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home