All is Calm, All is Bright

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Signing off now for an end-of-year break, I wish my readers a pleasant and joyful holiday season. Christmas sets my focus on family and friends, and time for quiet reflection on the year gone past. I thank all of you who've stopped by this year to read about my garden, share your advice, and just plain cheer me on at times. I appreciate your comments, always.

Join me back here in January for more adventures in my garden. Already my mind is stirring with ideas. We're planning to put in three new raised beds, a rain barrel, and some type of dog- and rabbit-prevention fence. Oh, and we're already salivating at the thought of having more fresh herbs just steps from the door.

Yesterday I received the new catalog from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. If you enjoy growing heirloom vegetables, don't miss this catalog. (And if you've never grown a vegetable of any sort in you life, why not resolve to try in 2008?) With twelve pages of tomatoes alone, including varieties called Ferris Wheel, Pink Accordion, Break O' Day, and Thai Red Turtle Egg, I guarantee something in this catalog will pique your curiosity. Have you ever seen a white tomato? Baker Creek offers five varieties of white, plus pink, orange, green, and striped tomatoes. You'll think you slipped into the pages of a Dr. Seuss book. Head over to Baker Creek to order a catalog. Then dream, dream, dream your garden wishes for 2008!

11 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Hope you have a great holiday, and thanks for the tip, just ordered a catalog!

10:18 PM  
Blogger joey said...

Thanks for the gift of your site, always a treat ... Happy Holidays!

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just my luck that I've recently discovered your blog and now you're taking a break ; ). I've been eyeing all the lovely specimens at Baker Seeds as well, and can't wait until it's time to order seeds.

Have a lovely holiday, and I'll visit you in the new year.

Melinda, Elements In Time

1:41 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Thank YOU for putting up the link to Baker Creek seeds. I'm already there, rubbing my hands with glee...and dreaming of what we'll be growing next year!

Buon Natale e Buon Anno!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Whyite said...

Have a Merry Christmas and a joyous new year.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Shady Gardener said...

Merry Christmas! Will look forward to checking back in January. :-)

11:57 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a lovely and relaxing break.

1:46 AM  
Blogger kate said...

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! There's nothing quite like paging through seed catalogues at this time of year.

Your poinsettia looks beautiful1

4:08 AM  
Blogger DianeSchuller.com said...

I see we both had Dr Seuss on our minds with our recent posts.

May you and yours enjoy a wonderful Christmas season filled with special joys. May your plants be merry and bright in 2008!

Diane Sand to Glass
Dogs Naturally

2:42 PM  
Blogger Matron said...

I don't recognise that bird!!! what kind do you think it is? Happy new Year! xx

2:48 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Beautiful bird ornament!
Thanks for sharing the link for Baker Creek seeds, I just placed a small order with them for some flower seeds....it's nice to know you can save seeds and have them come true.
Happy New Year... and good gardening in 2008!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home