Nominated for Best Photography

Monday, April 16, 2007

Wow. Wow. And WOW! That's literally what I said to myself when I saw Calendula & Concrete listed as a nominee for a Mouse & Trowel Award in the category of Best Photography in a Garden Blog. It's amazing, exciting... and humbling. Thank you to everyone out there who nominated me; I truly appreciate knowing that you enjoy my work.

It is especially an honor for me to share this nomination with two other great photographers: Pam at Digging and Sandy at Izel Cottage. When I first started this blog, I visited the Izel Cottage blog frequently; it was one of my favorites. I was consistently amazed at the quality and detail in Sandy's photos and I aspired to do photography like that someday. It feels very special now to be recognized alongside of someone whom I considered a photography mentor. (Sandy, thank you for the inspiration!)

Now it's time to go back to the Mouse & Trowel page and cast your final vote. In addition to the Best Photography category, here's your chance to recognize garden blogs and websites for Best Design, Best Writing, Most Innovation in Garden Blogging, and more. Voting is open until May 11, 2007. Cast your votes today!

14 Comments:

Blogger Colleen Vanderlinden said...

Congratulations, Christa! And good luck in the final voting :-)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Gotta Garden said...

Yes, congratulations! Your pictures are wonderful!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Christa. I'm honored to share a spot on the finalist list for Best Photography with you. Your photographs are terrific and inspiring. No matter who wins, I'll be coming back to Calendula & Concrete often to check out your pictures.

11:14 AM  
Blogger miniAnn said...

I just recently found your blog and am really enjoying it since I live in Herndon! I'm so far behind in getting my garden set up this year! What kind of camera setup do you have? Thanks!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're already a local winner - just being nominated in such terrific company. Congratulations and good luck. Hope to meet you soon.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

Colleen, Gotta Garden, Pam: THANK YOU!

Miniann: I'm glad you found my blog; it's great to have another local reader! I use a Nikon D50 and two types of lenses - a 50 mm and a 105 mm Micro-Nikkor.

Susan: Thank you so much. I hope to meet you soon, too. I know I still owe you a couple of shots for our community garden Web site. I've been waiting for the weather to get nicer so I can take photos of people working in the garden. Too cold now, still, unfortunately.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Ottawa Gardener said...

Congratulations and great accompanying photo

7:30 PM  
Blogger Scott at Real Epicurean said...

Your photography is beautiful. What I love is the way you just take a photo of a flower, and it looks beautiful. The contrast is the overly artistic photos where abstraction covers up the subject of the photo too much.

You deserve it, well done!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Christa,

Congrats on your nomination, well done you and so deserved. Your pictures are lovely!!!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, Christa! I have been enjoying your photographs, and am glad to see you getting some much-deserved recognition. :)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

Congratulations on your nomination. Your pictures are amazing! Well-deserved.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your nomination is well deserved -- your photos are beautiful. Good luck.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

All, thank you so much!
No matter what happens with the final vote, I appreciate knowing that you enjoy what you see here. I hope you'll continue to visit and enjoy a little slice of my gardening life.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats. I am so enjoying your blog, and have linked to it on mine:

http://civildiscourse.typepad.com/inthegarden/

Fabulous pictures!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home