Eating From the Garden: Dill and Parsley

Sunday, May 21, 2006
Dill is one of my favorite herbs and we are growing a lot of it this year. Today I used three heaping tablespoons of dill, along with an equal amount of fresh parsley, to make Orzo and Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese. The recipe is by Sabrina Harris on Allrecipes.com. I used Kalamata olives instead of green, and I added a whole chopped cucumber.


The recipe is so easy and it's suitable for lots of improvisation. I can't wait until we have our own tomatoes and cucumbers to put in. That will make it even better.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christa,

This looks delicious -- thanks for supplying the recipe link! I'll definitely give it a whirl.

Genie
The Inadvertent Gardener

11:24 PM  
Blogger Stunned Donor said...

Good call on the kalamata and cucumber!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Lacey Spade said...

This recipe looks great! Has all ingredients I love and I'm growing two dills plants as we 'speak'.

Rahma
Visit me at:
http://fatfreeorganicgardening.blogspot.com/

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have parsly,and i'll ask my mom if we gan grow dill too,so we might be able to make this.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home