Eating From the Garden: Radish Salad

Thursday, June 08, 2006

A few weeks ago I planted a row of French Breakfast Radishes, which have quickly become my favorite type of radish. Their flavor is much more delicate than the standard round radishes we planted earlier this spring, which were sharp and almost pucker-your-lips peppery. In addition to the milder taste, I like the more interesting oblong shape of this variety, as well as their brilliant transition of hue -- from deep fuschia to pink to nearly pure white.


Today I had a bunch that I used in a quick and simple salad topped with olive oil, fresh chives, salt and pepper, and shredded Parmiagiano-Reggiano cheese. The
recipe is by Deborah Madison, the author of Local Flavors.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Looks yummy.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Stunned Donor said...

nice radishes! The French Breakfast is a big hit in my garden as well.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home