Bloggers for Positive Global Change

Monday, July 09, 2007
I've been nominated for a 'Bloggers for Positive Global Change' award by Emma at Fluffius Muppetus. This meme was created originally by Climate of Our Future, to salute bloggers who are taking steps to make the world a better place.

Now it's my turn to nominate five blogs that I think are making a difference. I've chosen these because they're tackling environmental and food issues in a positive and thought-provoking way.

1. Crunchy Chicken -- A mother of two writes about reducing her impact on the environment. She is sponsoring Local Food Month in July.

2. The Slow Cook -- One of my neighbors here in the District of Columbia, The Slow Cook is growing his own edible landscape, helping to build schoolyard gardens in the city, and teaching kids to appreciate freshly-grown food.

3. Foodshed -- Pattie in Atlanta is writing about local, organic, sustainable food supplies.

4. Green as a Thistle -- A woman is making one small change each day to live more sustainably.

5. No Impact Man -- A man in New York City has challenged himself and his family to live a no impact lifestyle. (No impact on the environment, that his. He is making a huge impact with his blog.)

The people I have nominated can now participate by following these simple steps:
  1. Write a post with links to up to 5 blogs that you think are trying to change the world in a positive way.
  2. In your post, make sure you link back to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
  3. Leave a comment or message for the bloggers you've tagged, so they know they're now part of the meme.
  4. Optional: Proudly display the "Bloggers for Positive Global Change" award badge with a link to the post you wrote up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pattie Baker said...

Thank you, for not only nominating me but especially for also introducing me to these other blogs. What a community we are becoming!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award! I'm honoured... Also, I'm in the UK right now on vacation and it's kinda hard for me to follow up with it right now but I promise to get to it as soon as I get home. Glad to find your blog -- all the best in keeping it green!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I've tagged you for the "Seven Random Things About Me" meme. I hope you don't mind!

Beth at Morning Glories

7:15 PM  
Blogger Robin's Nesting Place said...

I'm reading a book right now on this topic, it intrigues me a great deal. I'll have to check out these other blogs.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home