December Salad

Thursday, December 07, 2006
These are the veggies I picked from our plot on Monday. There are carrots, a French Breakfast Radish, some mizuna, Red Russian Kale, and a few leaves of red chard and romaine lettuce.

Yes, it's gardening on a small scale, but, fortunately, there was enough to make this beautiful salad. Not bad for a December harvest, huh? With nighttime temperatures plunging down into the 20s now, I am grateful for everything the garden is still willing and able to give.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Wow! You still have veggies in the garden! My harvest is over, what a pitty!

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed! Wish I could say the same. My garden is under snow.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

Delicious looking, my hat goes off to you, for haivng vegetables in December.

9:44 AM  
Blogger WashingtonGardener said...

Christa - can you contact me today/asap? We'd like to do a little something on your blog in Washington Gardener magazine and this was only way I saw to contact you. You can call our office at 301-588-6894 or email editor@washingtongardener.com

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I bet that was a goooood salad. I'm envious!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home