First Catalog for 2007

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My first seed catalog for the the 2007 season arrived in the mail, just in time for the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Perfect timing for some leisurely browsing and dreaming about all the choices for next year's garden. (And a great source for fulfilling a few Christmas wish list items, too!)


The Seed Savers Exchange (SSE) catalog is one of my favorites. I am continually amazed at their vast selection of unique and temping seed choices. Members of SSE offer 115 varieties of cucumbers, 71 types of eggplant, 297 varieties of lettuce, and 3,684 varieties of tomato. Yes, three thousand six hundred eighty-four kinds of tomatoes! Amazing!

So many possibilities. I'll have to show some serious restraint so I don't order too many things for our tiny plot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol Michel said...

That is a a lot of tomato varieties and a beautiful cover. Thanks for sharing

10:09 PM  
Blogger Colleen Vanderlinden said...

Thanks for reminding me...I forgot to order the Seed Savers catalog!

Restraint is so hard :-) And with over three thousand kinds of tomatoes....I have enough space to grow six. Oh well. It'll be fun to look through and daydream!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home