Eating From the Garden: Bok Choy

Monday, May 08, 2006
Sunday's harvest: our first bok choy. Michael cooked it in a chicken stir-fry for dinner. He blanched the choy in chicken broth with ginger and garlic. Separately, he fried the chicken, which he'd marinated in rice wine, canola oil, soy sauce, cornstarch, and egg whites. He stir-fried the blanched choy with oyster and soy sauces, more chicken broth, cornstarch and salt, then added it to the chicken. The recipe was "Ray Lee's Chicken and Choy Sum", from Grace Young and Alan Richardson's The Breath of a Wok. Delicious!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer S. said...

Love your blog! Everything looks so yum. I'll be back.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

oh yum...VISITING your site!! I will have to return and study the recipes! I have "never" eaten bok choy..happy that you visited my blogsite so I can connect with you!! Will return later when I have more time!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home