First Dig

Monday, March 06, 2006

Yesterday afternoon, Michael and I got out to the garden and started turning the soil. How great it felt to get out there and DIG! He added Bumper Crop to the bed where he is going to plant the tomatoes. I pulled weeds and sowed a row of bok choy and radish seeds. I was probably jumping the gun, but I just couldn't help myself. I had to plant something!

I harvested the Brussels sprouts. The top photo is a close-up view of what they looked like on the stem. This photo provides a better perspective on the actual size of our, um..."crop".
Pretty puny, huh?

Well, they are Brussels sprouts nonetheless. And I was happy to have grown even these few. I am going to cook them tonight. All two forkfuls. Michael bought a few more from the store, as a supplement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home