Soggy

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More than 11 inches of rain fell on Washington, D.C., since last Friday night. Thank goodness it's finally over. Today we have bright sunny skies, but I haven't gotten out to the plot yet. I haven't been there since Sunday when we got caught in the downpour.

I am nervous about the status of things over there. We received an e-mail from the president of the garden saying that many of the pathways around the plots have been washed out. He's calling on everyone to pitch in an help re-build the paths with wood chips. So I wonder what this means for everyone's plots. We had just planted some new herbs on Sunday; I hope they haven't all washed away. And the tomatoes... I especially hope the tomatoes are all right. I am hoping to get over there this evening to see how everything is doing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Christa -- I hope it all turns out OK!

Genie
The Inadvertent Gardener

3:15 PM  
Blogger Gabriel, Christina & Sofia said...

We are in Alexandria; our tomato plants survived, as did everything else, thankfully. I hope everything survived in your plot!

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were spared the worst of the storms here in Northeastern New Jersey. I hope everything works out for you.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

Thanks, everyone. Almost everything survived and, fortunately, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I know that with all the flooding going on elsewhere, some people have it much worse right now, so I can't complain.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home