Plot Tour

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Let me take you on a tour of the plot. This is how it looked on Sunday, April 23. (Click on the image for a close-up.)

In the foreground of the photo are the strawberry plants, followed by spinach, scallions, Swiss chard, radishes and lettuce. To the right is red cabbage in front of parsley. (Also in that section -- but not visible in the photo -- we have bok choy, broccoli, lettuce, carrots, chives and beets.)


On the left, we're trying to build a section that's all herbs. I'm watering our lavender plants, which we transplanted from another area of the garden. I grew those last year from seed. They're the variety called Lady Lavender, which is one kind -- perhaps
the only kind -- that blooms the first year from seed. I hope they will grow big this year and fill out that corner space.

Behind the lavender is tarragon, thyme, rosemary and oregano. To the left are a few basil transplants that Brad gave us. Further to the left (not visible in the photo), we planted dill, chervil, savory, and chamomile.


In the background, behind the veggie and herb beds... it's all flowers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Fingernails said...

I thought I saw thyme in the background.. That is my favorite fresh herb to cook with..

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home