C for Courgette, Z for Zucchini

Saturday, March 03, 2007
I have been called many things in my life, but this one was a first for me: A Vegetable Goddess.

At least that's what I am in the eyes of Freddie, a seven-year-old boy who is working his way through the A to Z of vegetables in The Great Big Vegetable Challenge. To earn such high esteem from Freddie, all I did was recommend a recipe to help him stomach the current vegetable on the C List -- courgette -- or zucchini, as some of us call it.

I really can't take the credit, though, because the recipe came from The Domestic Goddess Herself -- the one and only Martha Stewart. Her Zucchini Quesadillas are my new favorite way to cook zucchini.

So file this under C for Courgette, or Z for Zucchini, and when your garden produces enormous quantities of whatever you call it, you'll have a great way to use it. Freddie himself says, "10 out of 10!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie in Austin said...

It sounds great to me, Vegetable Goddess, but a younger person just looked at the photo and made a face. Guess this recipe will be used just for me and my husband.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie in Austin.
Freddie in London says dont let the younger person judge this one by appearances.
Give it a go!
GBVC

5:03 PM  
Blogger ACey said...

love zucchini! Will try this recipe.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home