The Beginning

Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Let the gardening season begin!

The Christmas tree is down now, so it is time to order seeds and set up the seedling center by the windowsill. Two years ago, I never would have imagined that gardening begins in January, but it does. For those of us who take delight in receiving seed catalogs on the coldest days of winter, gardening is a year-round activity. If we aren't digging in the dirt, we are hungering through the catalogs and planning what comes next.

I, along with my husband, Michael, have a small garden plot located a few blocks from our apartment in Washington, D.C. It is a community garden with about 195 members. This will be our third season there. And here, I will tell our story -- our adventures and observations while gardening in the city. Calendula and concrete...

Welcome to my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home